New! The Ultimate Neem Support Guide
TheraNeem® Naturals has solutions for people, pets, plants and planet.
Neem oil and Hair Care:
Neem oil is prized for its ability to cool and calm, feed and nourish even the most sensitive skin and scalps. Neem oil is renowned for protection and prevention and has been used for thousands of years for its ability to promote healthy skin, hair, scalp and encourage hair growth.
Key Ingredients: 100% pure, cold-pressed, wild-crafted and/or Certified Organic Azadirachta indica (Neem) Seed Oil
- Rich in nourishing essential fatty acids and antioxidants for protection and prevention.
- Gentle and soothing for sensitive scalps and skin.
- Neem oil is a gentle, yet effective alternative to tea tree oil with similar therapeutic benefits.
- Apply pure organic Neem oil directly to the skin, or add a drop or two to your favorite shampoo or body care product for soothing relief. Virgin Neem oil has a nutty-garlic odor; this unique aroma caused by the retention of volatile oils present in Neem oil, contribute to Neem oils therapeutic actions. In simple terms, if Neem oil was not aromatic; it would not be as effective! Because of Neem oil's high concentration of essential fatty acids, it begins to solidify at cool room temperature (72 degrees). This is a good thing, because it helps to extend the shelf life. To melt, simply warm the bottle in your pocket or in a mug with warm water - the oil will be free flowing again soon.
Healthy hair and scalp with Neem intensive hair therapé for
Adults and children over 2 years old:
- Massage the scalp with 3-4 droppers full of our cold pressed organic Neem oil (enough oil to saturate hair and scalp). For long or full hair, combine the 3-4 droppers of Neem oil with olive oil to extend the oil and assist in fully coating and saturating both the hair and scalp. Use as much olive oil and Neem oil as needed to completely saturate the hair and scalp with both the Neem oil and olive oil.
- Leave the Neem oil and olive oil combination on hair and scalp for 1 hour. If desired, wrap head with an old towel or cover with shower cap.
- Comb through hair carefully and diligently while the oil is coating the hair and scalp. For maximum protection rinse the comb in alcohol in between each combing.
- Wash hair with TheraNeem® Scalp Therapé Shampoo or TheraNeem® Kids Therapé Shampoo and Body Wash allowing the shampoo to rest on the scalp for 2-3 minutes. Complete the regiment with your favourite TheraNeem® Conditioner, leaving a small amount on the hair as a leave-in conditioner.
- Repeat this process for three consecutive days, or as needed.
- As an additional option, you may follow the previous recipe steps and substitute olive oil for TheraNeem® Scalp Therapé Shampoo or TheraNeem® Kids Shampoo and Body wash by adding 3-4 droppers full of Neem oil to 1 Tbsp. Neem shampoo, or enough shampoo to fully saturate hair and scalp then follow the above steps.
- Repeat this process for up to 3 days, or as needed.
- You can also try adding 5-10 drops of organic lavender essential oil per application to help soothe and support healthy scalp and hair.
- Stay protected! Regularly use TheraNeem® Scalp Therapé Shampoo or TheraNeem Kids Shampoo and Body Wash for maximum protection and prevention.
- Visit http://www.organixsouth.com for more information about the benefits of Neem.
Healthy hair and scalp with Neem intensive hair therapé for
Scent sensitive individuals and children under 2 years:
- Use TheraNeem® Naturals Kids Therapé Shampoo and Body Wash to fully coat and saturate the hair and scalp. You may also experiment by using pure olive oil or mayonnaise to assist in the saturation process.
- Leave the preparation on the hair and scalp for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Comb through hair carefully and diligently while the oil or shampoo is coating the hair and scalp. For maximum protection rinse the comb in alcohol in between each combing.
- Follow this step by washing the hair with TheraNeem® Kids Shampoo and Body Wash allowing the shampoo to rest on the scalp for 2-3 minutes.
- Condition hair with TheraNeem® Kids Therapé Conditioner leaving a small amount of conditioner on the hair as a leave in conditioner.
- Repeat this process for up to 3 days, or as needed.
Weekly Neem hair oil treatment for radiant hair and scalp:
- Add 3-4 droppers full of pure, organic Neem oil to your favorite TheraNeem® shampoo, or use 3-4 droppers full of Neem oil mixed with enough olive oil to saturate the hair and scalp.
- Massage either combination vigorously into hair and scalp and leave on the hair for an hour or overnight. If desired, wrap head with an old towel or cover with shower cap.
- Be sure to stay warm while doing your hair oil treatment, as some individuals find that they are cooler than normal while doing a hair oil treatment. Traditionally, hair oil treatments are used to cool a “hot head” and are commonly used to calm the mind and body. If you leave the nourishing hair oil treatment on overnight, be sure to cover your pillow with an old towel.
- Wash and condition with your favourite TheraNeem® Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Repeat either process once a week or as needed.
Helpful hair and scalp tip: Hair and scalp challenges as well as thinning hair are often caused by over-washing. If you are trying to “kick” the shampoo every day habit, feeding the hair and scalp additional nourishing neem oil and olive oil will help to balance oil production for oily, dry, or sensitive scalps.
A new use for TheraNeem® Herbal Outdoor Spray!
No time to shampoo or leave Neem oil in your hair?
- For a “quick fix” that smells great, apply a few squirts of our TheraNeem® Herbal Outdoor Spray to the palm of your hands and massage into to hair and scalp. Leave on hair and re-apply as needed to help soothe and protect the hair scalp. Your hair and scalp will be a little oily after application!
- Our TheraNeem® Herbal Outdoor Spray is concentrated, water-based spray with neem oil and essential oils to support outdoor protection and for occasional use for healthy scalp.
- Safe for the whole family and with kids over 2.
For the pets:
Pets are part of our family too! Neem oil can help soothe, calm and nourish a pets skin and coat. Neem oil is also commonly sprayed outdoors in the garden to help support the health and vitality of the garden and your pets.
Helpful tip: If using larger quantities of Neem oil for your pets, laundry, and garden try using our 16 oz. Pure TheraNeem® Oil for the Garden as a more cost effective solution.
- Neem oil and dogs: Apply undiluted Neem oil (3-4 drops) as needed to soothe and support healthy skin and coat. While we don’t recommend ingesting Neem oil, if your pet licks a little bit of it off it is completely safe. Do not apply more than 2 times per day. Do not use Herbal Outdoor Spray on your dogs!
- For serious soothing support, add an extra dropper full (20-30 drops) of neem oil to the amount of TheraNeem® Pet Shampoo you will be using while bathing your dog. This knocks down the lather, but it will still clean and gives an extra neem punch to the shampoo.
- For dogs over 15 pounds, you can use 1 capsule per day of TheraNeem® Naturals Supercritical Extract of Neem, for up to 5 days for additional cooling and soothing benefits. If longer term use of Neem is desired, use our TheraNeem® leaf capsules, 1 capsule per day as needed.
- Neem oil and cats: For your feline friends, you can apply drops of pure undiluted Neem oil (3-4 drops) as needed to soothe and support healthy skin and coat. Apply around their ears, in their armpits, under their tails and haunches. While we don’t recommend ingesting Neem oil, if your pet licks a little bit of it off it is completely safe. Do not use Herbal Outdoor Spray on cats!
All suggestions for Neem oil are for topical use only. If irritation persists, consult with your veterinarian.
Websites that provide support for pet care:
- Alternative Pets.com- http://www.alternativepets.com- Great information for alternative protocols for assisting 4 legged friends with many common ailments.
- Holistic Veterinary Medical Association- http://www.ahvma.org- How to find a local Holistic Veterinarian by location and form of medicine practiced.
Cleaning of Pet's Bedding
Wash your pets bedding as listed below in Home care.
Wash everything! Beddings, pillows, couch cushion covers… Helpful tip: If using larger quantities of Neem oil for your pets, laundry, and garden try using our 16 oz. Pure TheraNeem® Oil for the Garden as a more cost effective solution.
For the laundry:
- Premix 1/2 oz of neem oil with your liquid laundry detergent, add to hot water. Once the tub is full, add your clothes, bedding etc. wash once. Don’t dry, re-wash with regular detergent.
- Then dry on high heat.
- It is normal for there to be a residue of Neem oil in your washing machine after washing. To remove this residue, add 20-30 drops of pure lemon or orange essential oil or citrus oil cleanser to a rag with a small amount of normal liquid laundry detergent and wipe down the inside of your washing machine. Next wash an empty load on HOT setting with 1 cup of baking soda in your washing machine and your normal detergent. Repeat the wiping of the inside of the machine with orange or lemon essential oil on a rag if needed. This should eliminate any reside of the neem oil.
For mattresses, furniture, and couch cushions:
- After testing in a inconspicuous area for staining, spray with TheraNeem® Herbal Outdoor Spray.
- Once it dries, vacuum thoroughly.
For the rug:
- Rent a rug shampooer and use TheraNeem® Pet Shampoo instead of recommended shampoo.
Refreshing rug and carpet care:
Fill a quart size jar with ½ baking soda and ½ Diatomaceous earth. Add 30 drops each of the following essential oils:
- Lemongrass 30 drops
Tea Tree 30 drops
- Eucalyptus globulus 30 drops.
- Shake well to disperse the essential oils into the baking soda and Diatomaceous earth. Sprinkle liberally on all carpets and rugs and allow to “rest” for at least 4 hours.
- Keep your pets out of the room (especially cats) as this concentration of essential oils is not good for their health to walk on or breathe. They will hate the smell too!
- Vacuum up all of the baking soda and essential oils. Repeat as needed.
- This is non-toxic and to humans. Both dogs and cats are very sensitive to essential oils and it is best to keep them away from the area you are treating with the essential oils. Cats are more sensitive to essential oils and they can be toxic to them if applied topically or are absorbed via their paws if they walk on the essential oil and baking soda. Take care!
For the lawn:
Try TheraNeem® Oil for the Garden, following mixing directions on the bottle or below:
- Directions: Usage rate is one teaspoon Neem Oil per quart or four teaspoons Neem Oil per gallon of water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of an ecologically friendly dish detergent to a small portion of the water as an emulsifier.
- Add the Neem Oil and mix well. Add remaining water, stir well and use immediately.
- For outdoor gardens, we recommend spraying at dusk to allow the oils to soak into to the plant and soil. Do not spray in full sun. Use as a foliar spray and soil drench, spraying both the top and underside of the foliage.
- Repeat spraying once a week for 5 weeks.
Your garden will be safe for immediate use after spraying. Wash fruits and vegetables prior to consumption. TheraNeem® Organix Neem Oil for the Garden may also be used on pets and livestock.
The Organix-South Team